Comprehensive Insurance Policy
In addition to Third Party Liability insurance this policy insures:
Loss or Damage to your vehicle
- By collision
- By fire, external explosion, self ignition, lightning
- By burglary or theft
- By malicious act of third party
Condition and Exclusions
- The company, in relation to third party’s civil liabilities, shall comply with the compulsory Insurance Law in the countries shown in the certificate and as stated in the Orange card insurance page.
- The insured undertakes to immediately notify the representative of United Insurance Company (UIC) in the country of accident ( referred to in the Contact us page) upon the occurrence of accident so that it could take timely actions and shall not agree on any settlement relating to the accident without first contacting the representative of UIC.
- The insured shall forfeit his right to indemnity and UIC or its assign may have claim back from the insured any indemnity paid to him in the following cases:
- If the person driving the car was not authorized to do so.
- If the driver of the vehicle was under the influence of alcohol or any other material that may affect the consciousness and thinking.
- If the vehicle was used in contrary to the specified purpose stated in the Ownership Book, accept passengers or load that exceeds the legally prescribed limits or using the vehicle for racing, speed tests or learning.
- In case of any loss or damage to the car which may require parts that are not available or could not be found in the country where the car is being repaired, the responsibility of (UIC) shall be restricted to the prevailing prices of spare parts in the kingdom of Bahrain or the price quoted in the latest price list issued by the manufacturer or his agents in the Kingdom of Bahrain in addition to reasonable transport cost (except air transport) to the country where the car is being repaired.
- In all cases where new parts are fixed in the place of the old one, the company shall have the right to deduct an appropriate portion of the cost of the new spare parts for wear and tear or depreciation of the replaced parts.
- In addition to the compulsory deductible stated in the certificate, the insured shall bear and amount equivalent to 3% (three per cent) of the insured car value but with a minimum of BD.150 or equivalent in the currency of the country where the accident has taken place if any claim is submitted against the loss or damages caused to the insured car in the following cases:
- If the car is driven by a person whose age is not exceeding 25 years.
- If the car is driven by a person holding a driving license issued less than on year ago.
- If the car is damaged by an unknown person.
- Damage of the front windshield screen due to scatter of stones or other items.
- In the event the owner of the car was desirous to repair the car in the Kingdom of Bahrain, instead of the country where the accident has taken place and subject to the consent of the company, the company shall borne the cost of transporting the car but not exceeding BD.100 (Bahraini Dinar One Hundred only).
- Photocopies of certificates will not be accepted to endorse the policy (cancellation, transfer… etc.) original certificates are required.